Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day One - Diatomaceous Earth

Well I did it. I took the leap of faith and finally ordered a bag of Diatomaceous Earth or DE for short. I have been talking with people who have claimed to have been taking the product for some time most of which who have seen improvements within three months of daily use. Due to the fact that I am not getting any younger and I am already having problems with my joints flaring up and causing some days crippling pain (I'm only 35), I set out on the hunt for a seller that was within my price budget AND who had a product that seemed to be genuine.

I found many sellers who advertised 100% FOOD GRADE DE and if the price didn't scare me away the packaging sure did! I found ounces for as much as $20.00 USD and one pound bags for as little as $5.00 USD that looked to have been packaged in someone's kitchen sealed up in a ziplock baggie with a small simple rectangle sticker on it that read "Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade" printed in the center. Due to the fact that I have the intentions of eating it I wanted to make sure that I was indeed getting the food grade version and not the potentially lethal pesticide version that is laced with chemicals. I sent one seller that seemed a little shady a message asking how I knew I would be getting the food grade DE and expressed I would be eating it and the response I received back was short and sweet. It read, "We sell what we advertise". I was expecting to hear back about how they are certified sellers and they stand by their product 100%....I don;t think I really have to tell you I didn't buy from them.

Some may be asking why would I ever on earth want to ingest something that is known to kill pests including the hard to kill roaches, bedbugs and ground slugs? The answer is simple. Worms. The vast majority of the human population is said to be infected with worms and my luck would have it I am probably one of the lucky ones. Plus it does have a lot of claims of other health factors. I tend to have the luck when it comes to having strange things happen to them. In the late 80's I became deathly sick with Scarlet Fever, by time I was 13 I had three very bad bouts of Strep Throat that caused extreme flue like symptoms/high fever/rashes, and throughout my adult life the streak of "luck" has not left my side. Strangely enough I rarely sought advice from a medical doctor due to the fact they rarely helped. For instance, in January of 2015 I awoke one morning to find my right ankle extremely swollen, sore and bruised. I have no clue how it happened. After weeks of dealing with it I went into the local er and after x-rays and a very quick examination the doctor said "it looks like a ankle" and sent me on my way. Um, Doc? Don't you see the bone sticking out on top of my foot and the ankle is twice the size of the other one? Shaking my head....

Any loo...I found a supplier I felt I could trust, I placed my order and began to prep my body for this natural wonder. I limited the amount of my daily coffee which was hard since I averaged a full pot a day, I took in almost a gallon of fluids daily, took out most salty foods and added sugars and then I had the brainy idea of trying the coconut oil to help boost my system as well...it did not work out for me. You can read about that experience in my other post in this blog.

My DE arrived yesterday, three days earlier then expected.


I will admit, I was a little hesitant to start it however it was now or never so I mixed a 1/4 tsp and drank it fast.


Others had said it had a dirt taste some said it felt like drinking sand. I didn't taste or feel anything. Maybe in part it was due to adding only a small amount? I have no clue. 

So day one of this journey has started and I plan on blogging my experiences since taking it. Below are a list of health issues that I have been experiencing so I can latter compare the before and after issues.

  • thinning of hair
  • arthritis in my hands/knees/ankles/feet
  • restless sleep
  • chronic fatigue without the aid of caffeine
  • acne
  • leg spasms from hell that strike out of the blue
  • constipation 
  • bloating-all the time more so after eating
  • food allergies
  • hay fever
  • PMS (just started within the past year)
  • lactous intolerant (I love cheese and fight threw it!)


It has been almost a hour now since I took the first dose and I'm not dead yet so I think that is a sign I will make it threw! I will post updates as they come!

No comments:

Post a Comment